Granules and powders do not always have the particle size required for further processing.
Depending on how fine the ground material (final product) must be, we speak of
- micronizing (ultra-fine grinding)
The range of tasks and the results varies greatly, so that it does not always make sense to make a cost-intensive investment in your own equipment for a production order. Often it is worthwhile to outsource the individual stages. We then speak of #ContractGrinding or #ContractMilling.
Possible advantages of outsourcing
- The supplier has the suitable, powerful equipment, which can be retrofitted if required.
- Many years of experience ensures consistent quality and fast adaptation of the equipment
- Specialization in specific industry or product group
- Professional particle size and particle size distribution analysis
- Many suppliers can subsequently subject the ground material to further process steps: Screening, mixing, and filling.
- Smaller production quantities can be tested
- Plannable costs and deadlines
- No costly investment
Have you already used outsourcing services for grinding?
Check our next article about "How To Choose the Outsourcing Partner".